workforce management might be a complicated task, but it also holds the most important function in an organization. Given that, here are 6 tips on how to successfully supervise and satisfy a company’s human capital:
1. Give them time. Time is important for employees, because they practically spend 5/7 of their week working for the company. Hence, squeezing in some time for them is important. Though this could vary according to company structure, some schemes recommended include having a flexi time, encouraging break time and promoting early out on Fridays.
2. Make them feel appreciated. This is a significant part of managing employees because being appreciated allows them to be motivated to do better. This may be in the form of rewards, promotion and recognition.
3. Improve on benefits and compensation. Especially for employees who are supporting their families, working on company benefits would reduce attrition and encourage productivity.
4. Make sure that tasks are evenly distributed. In some cases, tasks for three persons are shouldered by a single employee. This is mostly the job of a supervisor to delegate tasks evenly, but make sure that the job description and tasks per head is defined.
5. Give them something to look forward to. This may be in the form of an event, a Christmas party, Halloween party, or any leisure activity outside of work. This would ease the tension and stress brought by their jobs.
6. Invest on tools that would diminish manual labour. This is the most important workforce management tip because it would promote productivity and employee morale.